Optional tour upgrades
* All tour costs are payable direct to Merry Travel upon booking
Day 2 and 3: Hanoi and Village tour (additional US$100 pp)
Guided tour of Hanoi with English-speaking guide. Includes lunch and dinner on day 2 and lunch on day 3.
Day 4, 5 & 6: Halong Bay tour (additional US$250 pp)
Guided tour of Halong Bay with English-speaking guide. Includes lunch and dinner on days 4 and 5; and lunch on day 6. You will stay two nights on the Oriental Sails boat.
Option 1 and 2 for just and additional US$350 pp. That's an all-inclusive SEVEN day tour of Vietnam, including return flights and accommodation for AU$1,660 pp. This is made up of:
- AU$999 pp payable to OurDeal
- US$280 pp (AU$294) payable to Merry Travel upon booking
- US$350 pp (AU$367) payable direct to Merry Travel upon booking
Vietnam is a country with immense geographic and cultural diversity. The country's varied climate and landscape range from four seasons in the mountainous North. Visitors to the country almost always comment on the friendly locals and the delicious cuisine. You can dine in fine Vietnamese and International restaurants or in more local style eateries.
Places to visit & things to do in Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum: see the memorial where the Vietminh leader Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Independence in 1945, establishing the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
- Presidential Palace and Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House: The Presidential Palace was built between 1900 and 1906 to house the French Governor-General of Indochina. Discover the stilt house around the back that housed Ho Chi Minh from 1958 to his death in 1969.
- One Pillar Pagoda: a historic Buddhist temple built in the 11th century and one of Vietnam's two most iconic temples.
- The Temple of Literature: a temple of Confucius built in the 11th century.
- Vietnam Museum of Ethnology: a cultural diversity museum with a research centre and educational videos. Ranked #1 place to visit in Hanoi on TripAdvisor.
- Tran Quoc pagoda: a Buddhist temple located on a small island near the south-eastern shores of Hanoi's West Lake. Built in the 6th century, this is Hanoi's oldest pagoda.
- Lake of the Restored Sword (Hoan Kiem Lake): one of the major scenic spots of Hanoi that continues to serve as a focal point for its public life.
- Evening show includes the famous Water Puppets.
- Van Phuc Silk Village: one of the most renowned traditional silk weaving region of Vietnam, located in the north-west of Ha Dong town. The different types of silk woven here are highly appreciated by local and overseas customers.
- Bat Trang Ceramic Village: located on the left bank of the Red River Delta about 10km east of Hanoi is Vietnam's most famous, and longest-standing, pottery village. Watch the artisans form, paint, glaze and bake their products.
Places to visit & things to do in Halong Bay
- Board a private boat for a beautiful cruise along Halong Bay.
- Visit some magical grottoes and relax in the best scenic beauty Vietnam has to offer.
- Visit the local night market after dinner.
About Merry Travel
Merry Travel is all about memorable travel. Their passionate team creates unforgettable experiences, all in America, Canada, Australia and all round the world, and offers clients the most competitive price and incredible value. Each of Merry Travel's team are, therefore, vibrant yet professional, designed to complement guests by creating relaxing, enjoyable and memorable experiences.
Merry Travel caters to savvy and passionate travellers who appreciate smart functionality and getting things done. Clients will enjoy a blend of thoughtful simplicity and the warmth and sincerity of professional hospitality.